Friday, July 17, 2009

Rozz the Tuxedo Kat



A few months ago, I went to the Az Humane Society in search of a male tuxedo kitty. This would be my 3rd tux kitty. They seem to be all adventurers as my 1st one, Zorro, resembled King Kong with his losses and wins of fights marked on his face.
My 2nd,Orroz, (yes it is backwards for Zorro) feared nothing. He did not fear water, baths, kids, my husband's big feet or unfortunately, cars.

So here we are now at the pound looking for a tux kitty. I only found one. He was way on the highest level of glass cubbies. He was 10 months old and lying on his side apparently worn out or just tired.... "of what?" I thought.

I had in my mind of coming home with a baby kitten and this only tux kitty was not a small kitten any longer.
I walked past him yet again. Getting ready to leave, I walked past him one more time. My finger slid across his glass window and his greenish yellow eyes just followed them. I passed them through again and his little paw lazily tried to swipe at it. Oh this one is playful indeed. And I thought "what the heck, I'm here already".

I called the lady and were put in the "get to know each other" room.
Once alone, he went through the whole place scoping it out. He climbed on the kitty post and on the chairs. When I pet him , he let me. The true tux came out, apparently he played rough.
By the time we were acquainted, he'd left some pretty welted scratches on my hand from playing.

I took him home. I named him Rozz. Another alteration of my famous Zorro. This little guy follows me up and down the stairs. Never walk with out socks or shoes. He will pounce. I recently taught him how to unroll the bathroom roll as none of my kitties ever did that.

He stands on his hind legs and wraps his paws around my hand when he knows there's a treat in my hand. Never claws to get it. He loves to catch flies and you'll see him jumping here and there.

He also is a dear devil. I have a thin curtain the serves as a cover for my kitchen pantry. He loves to jump and claw his way up til his claws can't hold any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment