Friday, December 31, 2010

Bringing up Girls

So here I sit typing and trying to make sense of everything that has been going on in my head....
It's not that I'm thinking about the new year that'll creep in about a few hours now.
It's just that there's there jumble of thoughts and ideas in my head, and there are roads right ahead of me that I must decide which road to take.

Should I stay here in this house that hasn't been sold yet or should I move along and just get it over with and find a rental house and somehow let the short sale ways take it's course?

When will I tell them I'm getting burned out? Soon I hope, or else it'll be too late

Should I go to school now? Or later on this next year?

Which course should I take?

So many things that I need to do and decide.

But just now, I sat down and began reading "bringing up Girls" by Dr Dobson. It stopped all the things that were going on in my head and brought me to one of the most important ones that I think about but not really tackle.
My daughter. She is a strong willed but such a lovable child. She is her own little person and that is what causes our struggles.

I read the first chapter of this book and it hasn't really focused on anything certain subject, but made me realize that I should have been reading this book years ago. She is still small and the worst of the raising unruly child is yet to come, but I feel that I need to hurry in on this book and gather all the knowledge.

This little creature is what I should be focusing on. She was our little surprise and I feel like I haven't taken the time to really get to know how these little girls work. Things are different for me than they are for her now. All things are different.
These thoughts have been jumbled, but that's alright. I now have extra room in my brain. Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment